The research conception of the PPGA-UFSC may be seen from a systemic view. The inputs are formed by a set of essential skills and competences, with emphasis on the Program’s Educational Project (Area of Concentration, Lines of Research and Projects) and Faculty.
The connection among the Area of Concentration, the Lines of Research and the Projects takes into account all the performance parameters defined by CAPES.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
ORGANIZATIONS, SOCIETY AND DEVELOPMENT:
Since organizations are the dominant social units in the modern world, they play a central role in the development processes in their different approaches (economic, cultural, human, local sustainable, etc.). Thus, the concern in the area involves the study of different theoretical-methodological approaches applied to the understanding of the relations established among organizations, their management, and the effects of their practices, considering various development perspectives. It favors the production of theoretical-empirical studies emphasizing the theory, policy and practice that enables to understand the determinants of society’s development. It also includes studies related to the evaluation of companies from an economic-financial perspective, considering different stakeholders, as well as the behavior of the capital markets. Reflections are sought on the new management and work organization models and their impacts on the socioeconomic development of the localities.
LINES OF RESEARCH
PPGA has five lines of research:
- Finance and Economic Development: Development of analyses of the economic situation and inference on expected behaviors. Application of economic, statistical and econometric models to financial and capital markets. Empirical finance. Multivariate and alternative models of equilibrium under uncertainty. Portfolio decisions.
o Prof. Dr. Gilberto de Oliveira Moritz
o Prof. Dr. José Alonso Borba
o Prof. Dr. Marcus Vinicius Andrade de Lima
o Prof. Dr. Newton Carneiro Affonso da Costa Jr.
o Prof. Dr. Rogério João Lunkes
- University Management: Higher Education Institutions, with emphasis on universities, are educational systems of extreme relevance for the scientific and technological development of Brazil in the national and international scenarios. The management of these institutions is a topic of permanent discussion, especially since their expansion throughout the country. In dynamic environments that stimulate a plurality of ideas and continuously promote changes, such as universities, professional management strengthens the search for alternatives in the act of managing based on strategic and permanent evaluation actions.
o Prof. Dr. Alexandre Marino Costa
o Prof. Dr. Andressa Sasaki Vasques Pacheco
o Prof. Dr. Cibele Barsalini Martins
o Prof. Dr. Irineu Manoel de Souza
o Prof. Dr. Marcos Baptista Lopez Dalmau
o Prof. Dr. Pedro Antônio de Melo
- Marketing and Strategy in Organizations: It studies the interfaces of marketing and organizational strategies with society and in the competitive market development. The priorities are the analyses of strategic marketing techniques, consumer behavior, retail and services marketing, brands, marketing epistemology, and typologies of organizational strategies in their various applications.
o Prof. Dr. Martin de La Martinière Petroll
o Prof. Dr. Maurício Fernandes Pereira
o Prof. Dr. Rosália Aldraci Barbosa Lavarda
o Prof. Dr. Rudimar Antunes da Rocha
- Organizations and Society: Relations between organizations and society, mainly considering development-related issues. The following themes are highlighted: organizational fields, power relations, new organizational forms, national and organizational culture, organizations and the environment, transformations in work, organizations and sustainable territorial development, social and/or solidarity economy, contemporary organizational studies, critical studies in administration, isonomy, fenonomy, cognitive policy, behavioral syndrome, multidisciplinarity, interdisciplinarity and cross-disciplinarity, paradigmatic dilemmas and approaches to complexity, tourism and development, social management, non-governmental organizations, cultural organization management, pragmatic analysis of organizations, social innovations.
o Prof. Dr. Eloise Helena Livramento Dellagnelo
o Prof. Dr. Fernando Guilherme Tenório
o Prof. Dr. Hans Michael van Bellen
o Prof. Dr. Lauro Francisco Mattei
o Prof. Dr. Luís Moretto Neto
o Prof. Dr. Mauricio Roque Serva de Oliveira
o Prof. Dr. Renê Birochi
o Prof. Dr. Sérgio Luís Boeira
o Prof. Dr. Suzana da Rosa Tolfo
- Production and Development: Development, research and innovation in production systems and their impacts on the course of socioeconomic development. Restructuring and internationalization of production. New forms of organizing production. New business management techniques and changes in the work process. Environmental management and production systems. Evaluation of production systems and increase of competitiveness. Territorial impacts, production chains and their socioeconomic consequences.
o Prof. Dr. André Luís da Silva Leite
o Prof. Dr. Claudelino Martins Dias Júnior
o Prof. Dr. Gabriela Gonçalves Silveira Fiates
o Prof. Dr. Marilda Todescat
o Prof. Dr. Rogério Tadeu de Oliveira Lacerda
o Prof. Dr. Rolf Hermann Erdmann
o Prof. Dr. Silvio Antônio Ferraz Cário